Beneath The Underworld

HAVE EYES WILL TRAVEL: Augustus X Augustus, Autobiographer. I go places. I see things. I ask questions. I document things. I make things. I rant & rave. I write about and photograph things. Sometimes I share some of them with you. I stay up all night so you have something to dream about.

Saturday, November 26, 2005

Don Jesus Arbella


Another project I have been trying to set up is a return trip to the Philippines, during Holy Week this Spring, 2007. Specifically I am trying to get back to Siquijor, the feared and mysterious island known for sorcery, witchcraft, healing arts and both Black and White magic. I have been invited to spend time with Don Jesus Arbella, an 82 year old holistic healer and sorcerer. I am supposed to be with him and his family during the Holy Weekend. On Good Friday and overnight into Black Saturday the healers, Brujos and Brujas head into the jungle hills. Every year, beginning at Midnight on Black Saturday, they gather and prepare their medicines "when God cannot see" them ... if He could, then surely "He would not have looked away from His Son on The Cross".

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home